Monday, December 10, 2012

AND ONE MORE . . .WOOF!

How do these things happen? How did I get into the MugRug-making-business? lol. Well, I've made one more for another co-worker of DD's and now I consider myself retired from this activity! No more, none, nada, fini, and dat's it!

But I kinda like this one...Woof! There is no pattern. It's just some strips and odd pieces of blue stitched together 'crazy' fashion with the batting as the foundation so it was quilted as I sewed it. Simple fusible appliques on top finished off with a blanket stitch courtesy of my Janome6500. No binding either... just layer stitch and turn like you would make for a pillow form - the lap seam in back is secured with a narrow strip of fusible. I like how it turned out.
Woof! A MugRug for Crissi
And a coaster:

With a quick little double heart FMQ'd on the back. ;-).  I started adding quilting to these about 8 months ago. They really go through the washer/dryer better.  Now I cut the batting smaller so the seam isn't so bulky. I like it this way. 

Until next time, I hope where ever you are that you have time to sew up something that makes your heart sing! 

Quilty Hugs,

8 comments:

Sheila said...

They are sweet little pieces of art, Cyn. One can never have too many mug rugs and coasters. People love em.

Elly D said...

Another cutie Cyn :)) LOVE your fabric on the coaster :) Hope you are well and not over doing things. hugs Ellyx

Anonymous said...

Another pretty project! I particularly like the heart you quilted on the coaster.

Rosa Robichaud said...

LOVE the woofies!!!!

Pat from Florida said...

Love the mug rug. I haven't caught the bug. I'm afraid if I made one..................

Great idea to quilt the coaster.

Miss Thimble said...

Ignore me... I'm just showing off with my handy-dandy Blogger profile.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cyn that is just the cutest little mug rug! What a cute little doggy! Your work is so beautiful.....that is why it is in so much demand :) Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Peziperli said...

What a sweet little dog! This is a very nice MugRug! I love it!
Greetings, Petra