Wednesday, December 14, 2011

OMGosh, I cut it the WRONG Way!... no problem, a fix is possible

Gee willikers, I couldn't wait to trim up a couple of the Red String blocks for Bonnie's Orca Bay Mystery over at Quiltville, and cut them into triangles to see how they would look. Excellent, enthusiasum is always good. lol. GADFRY! I cut 'with' the strips instead of ACROSS the strips! Oh, gee, I felt so dumb afterwards.
Thank goodness someone on the QuiltvilleChatYahoo group had a simple fix to offer: ADD another strip bringing the square back together again and then cut it properly! BINGO! It worked just like a charm. It's nice to have quilting friends bail ya out when ya get into trouble like this. lol 

The Quilting Fairies were smiling on me yesterday. Whew! I didn't relish making those blocks over again.


Clue #4 of Orca Bay: 64 Red string pieced 5.5" blocks.
Progress: 54 DONE and the last 10 are in process.

Hey, that's pretty good... afterall, it's not Friday yet! lol

Thank you for stopping by to visit... it is back to sewing for me.

Hugs,

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I'm laughing but not at you, I can't believe how many times I almost did that! Thank goodness there is a fix! Love the fabrics! I finished trimming mine tonight also.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your reds, the string blocks are my favorite, and first time I've made them.