Thursday, April 4, 2013

PUTTING IT TOGETHER. . . Need suggestions for tool storage

WHEW! It took me a while to follow the "simple directions" and get this new vacuum put together. It may be a little hard to push around, but wow does this thing have suction!!! I think I'm going to like it. It is a 'sealed' system and I know I'm liking that part!

Pieces and the extra *stuff*
 Now to figure out how to store all the odd bits and extra pieces. The only on-board tools are a little brush and the crevice tool. Everything else is going to need an easy storage place. I'm thinking maybe make a bag of some sort that can hold all the extras and then be hung on the back of a door or maybe in the garage. Perhaps making it out of mesh, or partly mesh, so the contents would be more visable, would be a good idea.  It wouldn't be too useful if I forget what is in this bag. lol.
How does everyone else handle this? Anyone have any nifty ideas on how to store all this stuff?? Thanks for any help you can offer.

ATaDah! It's together!
Until next time, guess I'll go clean house. Afterall, I do have a new vacuum to break in. lol. Up next are some hooky projects; knitting for Wounded Warriors; and, Orchids blooming.  What are YOU up to this week??

Thank you so much for stopping in to visit!

Quilty Hugs,

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I've heard nothing but good things about these vacuum cleaners.

Elly D said...

bravo putting this together!! My vacuum cleaner stores all the bits on itself. However, you could put the bits in a sturdy clear plastic box and store it in the same place as the vacuum cleaner. Perhaps you could sit the cleaner on top of the box... just an idea ;) hugs

Pat from Florida said...

Congrats on getting it together. I hate doing that sort of thing. But, when done, so proud of myself! Generally DH does that stuff, leaving me helpless!

tich said...

Sorry I am no help, as my Dyson stores all its bits on itself. What about hanging bits on the back of the cupboard door, using hooks etc?