Monday, February 18, 2013

TINY HSTs: Trim Technique with BlocLoc Ruler


First, please let me explain why I have been MIA for six days. It has been my birthday week with lots of celebrations and doings. . . now we return you to our regularly scheduled blogging. . . lol
Ruler on pink fabric so you can see it better
Have you tried the relatively new BlocLoc rulers? They are really amazing. Love the accuracy! A short demo vid to watch is HERE.  Sew tonight I was making little 1.5 inch HST and thought I'd share a few photos with you:
Align 'frosted' grove on diagonal seam - trim first two sides

Rotate ruler, slide down to desired size - final trim of last two sides
better with print center... or...

is it better with the Pink center???
Last Wednesday morning as I took a quick leap into the front yard to grab my newspaper -- I was still in my jammies -- up pulled the FedEx truck with a box. The most delightful little Orchid planted in a pink polka-dot latte cup was inside! Surprise. So fun. You know who you are... and thank you again very much!

Until next time. . . I will be printing shapes on fabric with Inklingo and working on the COTSG Mystery. What are YOU up to?

Check out what others are doing: linking to Connie at Free Motion by the River.

Quilty Hugs,

7 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Happy Birthday Cyn!!! How fun that you celebrated for a week :)

Love your blocks...my fav is the one with the pink center. Thanks for the link to the ruler.

tich said...

Fun, fun, fun. Great link, love the pink centre.You have had a great week!

Needled Mom said...

Happy belated birthday.

Love those tiny HSTs. Pink in the middle looks great to me and your orchid is lovely.

Deb A said...

A late Happy Birthday to you! I have yet to print out any of the shapes on fabric. I need to order some cartridges for my printer first. I like the second one with the pink center. Would be a cute little girl quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Happy, happy birthday sweet Cyn and love your orchid! What a neat ruler....you're getting a good variety of them! I like the floral center the best! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Carolyn said...

Happy birthday! Love your orchid! I am a fan of the pink center of your block. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Frances Meredith said...

The floral centre looks good to me too.