Thursday, February 16, 2012

Embroidery, Beading & Quick "Hi"... going on 4 day retreat. . .

Just a quick note to say "Hi" -- I am going on a Retreat for four days so won't be posting again until next week. I am taking my Internet phone with me, but I doubt we will have any reception out in the boonies. lol. My DD Laura will stay here to "hold down the fort" and to take care of Missy -- there is no way I would leave her alone for 4 days! Thanks, Laura!

Finished most of the embroidery for the wonky October block I've been working on. My friend Bob's birthday is ON 31 October -- Halloween! So, this block will be a little something just for fun. Not sure if it will be a small WH, or perhaps a reversible pillow for his couch. I "inherited" this block from someone else who was "through with it". I think it's really cute. A few LC rounds on it and it will be finished.  Note to self: next time add a thin batt to the back of the block and quilt it while embroidering.
My long-time and wonderful BFF Joy made me this darling Scissor Fob for my recent birthday. It has a little 'lobster claw' finding that allows it to easily be moved from one scissor to another. Wow!  I am so blessed to have her in my life. Thank you again, Joy... I just LOVE my fob and it even has a little kitty charm... how sweet is that?!

I was so spoiled this year for my birthday. Family and friends were great and heaped on a lot of surprises. But now it is "official"... I am actually Older Thank Dirt! Next year I will start counting off the years going down instead of up! Only substraction from now on! lol

That's all for today. Thank you for stopping by for a visit and I hope where ever you are that you have time to create something for yourself or somone you love.

Quilty hugs,

6 comments:

Craftluver said...

Hi Cyn! Have a wonderful time at the retreat! Love your pillow and Bob will love it also! Have fun!

Cattinka said...

Have a good time at the retreat and bring lots of pictures home with you!
KATRIN W.

Pat from Florida said...

4 day retreat -- lucky you -- enjoy. Love the Oct. block.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Have a wonderful time on your retreat in the boonies! Beautiful Halloween block and I love your scissor fob....how neat! Older Than Dirt....I've hit that and this year I will be 59 instead of 61....I'm counting down! Happy Birthday and enjoy your retreat!

Elly D said...

Have a great time on Retreats Cyn :)
I hope you have lots of stories to tell when you get home and things to show :))
hugs
Ellyx

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Hope you had fun at the retreat. Love the little block.