Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mug Wrap - Easy & Quick To Make

A sweet friend - Julie - made this darling Mug Wrap for me. Isn't it cute? She used wool/felt, a little Velcro to close, and decorated it with YoYos and Buttons. I just love it. Although it is the shape and size of a "Starbuck's cardboard sleeve", it works very nicely on many of my coffee mugs. Thank you again, Julie! I love it.
If you want to make one, just save one of the cardboard sleeves from Starbucks; open it up and voila there is a pattern. It helps if you elongate the back edges a little bit so it will fit more cups. I've also seen these made out of quilted fabric and they are cute as well.
That's it for today. I hope you will make one of these handy Mug Wraps for you or someone you love. Until next time. . . Quilty hugs,
PS: I took a 'crayon coloring' workshop a couple of weeks ago and will post about what we did and show a few awful pictures next time... you can hardly wait, eh?! lol

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Sweet :D
Actually, I looking forward to the 'crayon coloring' pictures. Sounds interesting ...

Sharina said...

I really like your Mug Wrap that your friend made you...I will have to try and make one soon :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

That is so cute Cyn! I want to hear all about your crayon coloring workshop!

Pat from Florida said...

Love that wrap. I need to make a couple. Our clubhouse has gone with thinner (hotter) paper cups for coffee. Ouch!

Coloring with crayons, did you say? Oh, I love to. It's the kids in me - or the elementary teacher. I love to color!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a cute mug wrap...nice gift from your friend! TFS
Look forward to your 'crayon coloring' pics.
~Terry~

Elly D said...

So cute Cyn :) I may have to try one. :) hugs Ellyx

Elly D said...

So cute Cyn :) I may have to try one. :) hugs Ellyx