Friday, March 2, 2012

FLIMSY FRIDAY -- Finishing up small projects

My offering for Flimsy Friday is very small, but it is something. lol. The FF Button is on my left sidebar. My earlier plans to quilt a lap quilt and practice FMQing, was delayed by a necessary cleaning and de-gunking of my sewing machine and the attachments. A drop of oil in her clean body and she's good to go. Purrs sweetly just like Missy.

So... not the original sewing plan, but it's only 5ish p.m. and there is light enough to sew long enough to finish up these soon-to-be potholders. Easy 4-Patched the scraps. I don't want to throw out such good size scraps, so am making PH to match the Dish Mat I made yesterday for DD#2. Her kitchen has two themes: 1] all things coffee related, and 2] Sunflowers.  She alternates back and forth between them so these ought to fit right in.

That's it for today. Thank you so much for dropping by. I hope wherever you are that you've had time to stitch something today.

Quilty hugs,

4 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

Perky fabrics! Very nice! Lucky daughter.

LuAnn said...

I love your potholders; the sunflower fabric is really cute.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

These are going to be great pot holders! It is always fun to use of the scraps after a project. A pot holder to match your dish rug will be perfect!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

gorgeous sunflower fabric