Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Pat's Day - flowers n Mug Rugs

Isn't this the cutest bouquet? A sweet friend brought it to me last night -- even sang to me as part of the presentation! What fun. We had a small dinner party here last night and these flowers made the perfect center piece.

Speaking of flowers, a couple of years ago some darling friends got together and sent me a beautiful orchid plant. This year it is blooming again for the third time! It is so beautiful.

Sewing up a storm I managed to make 18 Mug Rugs for DD's office. The pics don't show the amount of green in them, but the gals liked 'em and they are quick and fun to make:

I learned a nifty thing this morning: Make a folder on my desktop to hold modified pictures for my blog; save-as the pics I want to use and REDUCE the pixel size - now perhaps I won't be eating up my assigned mb in Piccasa. At the same time, a "watermark" can be assigned so all pics will automatically have my blog name on them. Won't have to do it individually anymore! WaHoo! I just stumbled across this info by clicking around. It is true what they say: "Necessity IS the mother of invention". I had topped out at my storage limit and was tying to figure out what I could do -- well, other than deleting posts and previous pictures!

Thank you for stopping by. I hope wherever you are you have time to create something you love.

Quilty hugs,

9 comments:

Nana said...

Your sets are lovely and I think you picked out the perfect fabrics for it. They all look very feminin without being pinkish, haha.

Nana

Deb A said...

Love the rugs. I've always wondered how to add those watermarks to the photos. Thanks!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute bouquet and your little mug rugs are adorable!

Sheila said...

Love your Mug Rugs!!!
Pretty flowers :D

Joanne said...

You have some lovely colour combinations in your mug rugs. I am sure they were appreciated. Joanne

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty mug rugs :)

Elly D said...

Glad your dinner party went well last night! That is the cutest flower arrangement you got there Cyn :)
Love all your little mug rugs. DDs office friends are so lucky to have you to stitch for them.
hugs
Ellyx

Cathy Tomm said...

Good looking coasters. I really like the blue one you have pictured. I will have to look into the automatic watermark.

scraphappy said...

Great looking mug rugs. Looks like you have been in overdrive to make so many. Lovely colors. I am sure they will be a big hit.