Friday, May 17, 2013

HOOKY BUSINESS: the Never Ending Granny Afghan

Like I need another project? Really! Can't help it... the yarn called to me; I grabbed a hook and off I went! I guess it's a disease... sort of like quilting. lol.

Skeins in a tote so I can be portable
 
The center: can just see the spiral beginning

My method for NO tangles!
To keep the yarn strands from tangling: First, I keep the skeins/balls corralled in a tote [a basket would be great, too!], then I crochet across each side with ALL 5 strands -- see pic above. Now turn corner and repeat working all 5 strands across the next side; turn corner, etc. The yarn strands never tangle this way, even as I am stuffing the project in and out of the tote as I carry it around and work on it. Try it; you might like doing it this way, too.

So far, at least two other blogging friends are making this afghan: Check out Pat and LuAnn to see their progress. We also put updates on FaceBook.  If you need particulars on how to get started, I recommend this great tute from Mikey of The Crochet Crowd. If you want to join us in our little CAL [Crochet A Long] that would be fantastic!! The more the merrier.

Thank you so much for popping in to visit. Hope you will come back again. If you are making this afghan too, please say so in the comment section with a URL to your blog - I'd love to visit and see your project! Until next time. . . this ol' lady is heading to the sheets. Tomorrow is another day.

Quilty Hugs,

7 comments:

tich said...

Gosh this has fairly grown! It looks great!

Pat from Florida said...

Love hooky business! And yes, we are all sick!

Cattinka said...

You started another nice crochet project and what I like best about this afghan is that you don´t have to weave in so many ends.
KATRIN W.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful Cyn and what an interesting way to crochet!! I haven't crocheted in years.....lol.....to many hobbies!

Elaine Adair said...

OMGoodness - you are branching out in all sorts of delicious directions!

Sheila said...

I loved the video!
Love the colors of yarn you chose for your project.
One day I'll make one.

Deb A said...

Beautiful Cyn! Thanks for the links...if I get bored in VT this summer I may just start one of these.