Friday, September 14, 2012

MINI EMBROIDERY - A Near Disaster!

Too bad I didn't take a picture of this little embroidery as it was last night.  I gave it a quick dip into a bowl of cool water to remove the Solvy and laid it on a clean white towel to dry.  Later I noticed the puple floss  had RUN -- there were little 'splotches' on the background!!  Oh sheesh.
Friendship Embroidery Mini Quilt Swap
 I grabbed a Shout sheet, a squirt of All and crossed my fingers. It had to soak all night before it came out. Whew... a near disaster avoided. I am Happy Dancing that the Shout worked! But, lesson learned; next time I will TEST the floss before using it!

I'm off to the San Diego Quilt Show today with friends. We are going to take the train! What fun. Until next time. . .

Quilty Hugs,

7 comments:

Deb said...

Have fun. I LOVE taking the train. We live in Elizabethtown, PA and my grands live on the other side of the state in Pittsburgh. I love taking the train to see them. It is so much more relaxing than driving. Glad the color came out. I have to get some color catchers.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful work Cyn and I'm so glad the bleeding came out!! I need to invest in some of those color catchers. Have fun today!!

Sil said...

Reds are bad colors too!

Cath said...

Thank goodness your quick thinking saved the day! The stitching is lovely and I like the fabrics you have teamed it up with. Enjoy the quilt show!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful stitchery Cny, so pleased you were able to save it....have a great day..

Cattinka said...

Thank goodness éverything went well in the end, it is a very pretty little stitchery
KATRIN W.

Elly D said...

Oh my gosh Cyn!!! That was close! A good lesson for us all I think. Maybe next time you could include a colour catcher sheet in the washing bowl when dissolving the solvy... that may help.
Your embroidery looks beautiful :) hugs Ellyx