Sunday, May 22, 2011

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY? . . . I'm Embroidering An SBS Block

What are YOU doing this gorgeous Sunday? I'm finishing up the embroidery on a SBS block for one of my granddaughters. It's not quite done, but here it is so far. . . please ignore the basting threads:

A couple of years ago I made Sid a quilt using several embroidered blocks, adding sashing, cornerstones, borders, etc., to bring it up to twin size.  This block is similar to the ones in her quilt and will be a 'picture' for her bedroom wall. I hope to create a small pieced border for this embroidery using some of the material left over from her quilt. My plan is to carry it with me on my upcoming trip to Hawaii and frame it to hang in her room. Easier than mailing it, ya?!

That's all for now. Thank you for stopping by. I hope where ever you are that you have the time and inclination to create something that makes you happy!

Hugs,

4 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

Cyn, I love hand embroidery, and I love Sunbonnet Sue. When will you head to Hawaii?

Cattinka said...

What a nice stitchery for a girl, she will love it, expecially if you bring it in person.
KATRIN W.

Petruschka said...

What a nice stitchery, I love it.
It isn't wonderful to stitch? I love the combination of embrodery and patchwork.

Hugs, Petruschka

Rena said...

Cyn, yesterday I had embroidered,too :o)
But not as beautiful as your stitchery. Your grandchild will be very happy about it , well done !


Take care
Rena