Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grandma's Apron: 30's Fat8th Swap

Here are the 24 little 'aprons' that I mailed off to our Swap Nana today. They aren't due for a while yet, but I couldn't wait to mail them off! lol.
This was really fun! The fabrics of the 30s and 40s is really starting to grow on me. After class yesterday, I made a quick stop at Quilt In A Day, in San Marcos, and snatched up *some* fabrics in this style. They didn't have enough of the two I liked best, so bought 2 yards of one and 1 1/8 yard of the other. A couple of hours on the computer to create and snaze up an apron graphic, add my info, and sew on some ribbon streamers, and I was in business! lol. BTW, as a side note: the word *some* is used relatively here. Hehehe.
Can't wait to see all 24 of the different fabric packs that come back. Swaps are a lot of fun. . . if you haven't tried a swap, you might give it a try as they are F-U-N! This swap was organized from the list on the Yahoo DJAlternate group. When all my fabric pieces come back, I'll share a picture here.
All for now... toodles, and thanks 4 stopping by,
Cyn:)

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

you are so very creative, I love the label you made. I also love your choice of material.

Gill in Canada