Sunday, September 9, 2012

BOATING ON THE LAKE!

Friday evening was extra special because my youngest DD took me on a tour of the lake they live next to... the 2 1/2 hour tour was all by water; in their new BOAT! It was so wonderful. We saw many different kinds of birds, some ducks and a few other boaters. Laura piloted this boat like an ol' salt! Gosh she's good at it. Backed it straight out of the slip and did some fancy maneuvers. I felt so safe in her care.  While on the boat I was able to get a few good pictures, but the first two are the views from her backyard:

View from their backyard [looking left toward Lake]
Backyard view
Exiting the slip. Laura is good at this!


They have several pairs of swans that live on their Lake year 'round

Rippin back to docks b4 sun goes down - new running-lights aren't hooked up yet


Their boat on the right. We docked just as the sky lit up all orange & pink. Pretty!
Sky turned brilliant just after we docked and tied up! Nature provided a spectacular show!!! Again, this is a backyard view. Nice.
Until next time. . . let's go stitch something!
Quilty Hugs,


7 comments:

Rosa Robichaud said...

LOVE the pics, Cyn!!!

Lucky girl - I LOVE boat rides!!!!

*GRIN*

Rosa

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful! That is a nice way to spend the day.

Sheila said...

Beautiful pictures! Wow. What a lovely view!

Sheila said...

Beautiful pictures! Wow. What a lovely view!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic Cyn, great photos..

VickiT said...

Oh how fun and so relaxing too I'm sure. I swear that I could almost live on the water in a nice houseboat if it were equipped with all the modern conveniences, of course. And my own sewing room too on that boat. Is that really asking too much? LOL

That looks like a great boat and I'm sure will provide many fun times. That backyard view is gorgeous.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a fun day! You have a beautiful daughter Cyn and this looks like a awesome place to live!