Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TWO DOWN & 2 TO GO!

Quite a few quilters have been having a lot of fun lately sewing up BowTie blocks. There is a sew-a-long on the Net and FB right now. The challenge is to make One Block A Day during the summer months... get the scoop here and here. It's not too late to join in the FUN!


TWO placemats finished! Yippee. I like the way they turned out. I might put a tad more quilting in them. Definitely stitch in the ditch around the plaid border to hold the backing snugly in place. Then maybe outline around the BowTie shapes.  Above is a pic of one. The pic of the two finished ones sitting on my morning room table is currently MIA. Don't know where it is hiding! lol

Because I planned to attach the backing with a "stitch around the edge & birth" technique, I just created a very simple machine quilted grid on the top layered with Warm&Natural batting using a walking foot. Masking tape made a quick and easy line to follow . The tape was laid down using the block intersections and a ruler for the corners [which were rounded later] . Quick and easy-peasy.

I make sure to  remove the masking tape as soon as the line is quilted -- if left on it can leave a sticky residue that is a pain to remove. Ask me how I know this! lol


Until next time, thank you for stopping by. I hope where ever you are that you find some time to stitch something that makes you happy!

Hugs,

1 comment:

Cattinka said...

The place mat turned out nice with the border around it. Wonder what you will be showing in your next post.... I am guessing maybe some yarn?
KATRIN W.