Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Mail . . . a surprise from STEFFINI!


This absolutely amazing hankie was handmade by SteffiniD and sent to me for my recent birthday. It is embroidered with a cake, candles [the 'flames' are bullion knots!], and balloons -- this little gal loves balloons! lol. A birthday wish is stitched in the corner, along with the date. Note the tatted edging! WOWZER, I never saw anything like this before... it's perfect! The back of the hankie looks almost identical to the front--Steffini's work is that precise! Thank you, Steffini!

Steffini also sent this lovely how-to book about needle-tatting, a few tatting needles, and some thread! I've been playing with this book... it's great! I've completed a couple of tiny practice items, and will post pics soon. This is gonna take a lot of practice... I can tell! lol

In addition to all her other talents, Steffini can also cook, bake, can, etc..... So, she whipped up a big batch of Cran-Apple Butter and sent me some! YUMMO!!! Amazingly enough, I had just baked a loaf of sourdough bread early Friday morning and had creme cheese on hand, too... guess what this lucky little gal had for her breakfast??? Wow, jar is pretty too!
.
Steffini's gifts [except the apple butter!] were all tucked inside pockets sewn on a lovely wall hanging she made. Now that's what I call a clever presentation! Picture to follow...I want it hanging on the wall before I take the picture. It's gorgeous!

Thank you for everything, Steffini. I am blown away by your generosity and will always treasure your gifts, but most of all, I treasure your loving friendship!
.
Today -- Sunday -- was a lovely day here in my little corner of the world. The sun was shinning, it was neither too hot nor to cool, a faint breeze was blowing off the ocean, the birds were singing. It was lovely indeed. Days like these are special. I truly hope your day was as wonderful!

More soon,

Hugs,

Cyn;-)

2 comments:

John'aLee said...

What a great friend you have. The embroidery piece is stunning.
I took a class on tatting and they used that same book. I'm so glad I took the class...I would have been lost. And you are right....it is time consuming but oh so beautiful when you get it done.
Great blog.

Elly D said...

OH WOW!!! Steffini does BEAUTIFUL work! Her embroidery and the tatting is amazing!! You lucky ducky Cyn ;)) Hugs Ellyx