Friday, July 20, 2012

QUILT UNIVERSITY and Sometimes we just go MIA

Yup, title says it all. Sometimes I just go MIA for awhile. This week it was mostly at the computer working through some EQ7 lessons at Quilt University. I am taking a class with Fran Gonzales: "EQ7 Sampler". She shared a ton of info in her first Lesson plan and it took me most of the week to work through it. Lesson 2 will be posted in about an hour. Hopefully now that I have my feet wet with the program, and how QU works, I will be able to get through the material easier.

Just for fun, here are a couple of blocks I drew and colored using the program's palette of fabrics [above and below]:

The next series of blocks I drew after these are all colored in some bright and wonderful African fabric. I'll share those next time. It is so fun to work outside my normal palette and try something new. It's easy in EQ, because I am not cutting fabric or sewing, but I still get to see what it would look like. Love that.

My poor QAYG project still isn't finished yet. Perhaps next week. Meanwhile it is sitting in a lump in the living room. I better go fix that as I will have visitors in a few hours. My DDIL Donna and sweet DGC Sid are in the air as I type this, winging their way here from Hawaii! Can't wait to see them. So... if I am MIA again, you'll know why -- I'll be doin' the Grammy thing!

Until next time . . . I hope you have loads of time to stitch up something that makes you happy.

Quilty Hugs,

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks Cyn and it looks like you are having a great time with the class! I really need a refresher on EQ. Congrats on the weight loss and doctor approval on your last post, you are doing so well with your plant-based diet and love seeing the menus!

Elly D said...

Love your blocks Cyn :) You and me both at Uni eh, LOL... It is taking up mucho time but it is oh so much fun isn't it :)
I also have been trying 'out of the box' colours for me. Or at least I tried to. Maybe I just need to be braver ;) after all it's not like we're wasting real fabric ;))
Have a great time with your DD and family. Hugs Ellyx

Elaine Adair said...

Good for YOU! You're doing well! I've never advanced that far - program is still IN my computer, almost unused. 8-(( You sound like you are enjoying it. 8-))