Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WAIT! IT'S NOT SPRING ...YET! Orchids are giving an early show. . .


Isn't this gorgeous? I couldn't resist trying for a very close close-up of the center of this cymbidium orchid. Aren't the colorations amazing? Orchids facinate me.


This particular orchid lives inside my house during the winter months -- we don't really have "winter"  in Southern California, but outside the wind can sometimes stir up trouble and damage the flowers. To be safe, she spends a couple of months living next to the front window in the living room. It is a thrill to watch the plants set their buds and then bloom with spectacular color and majesty.


That's all for tonight. Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I am off to dream of flowers and fabrics -- my goodness, such good stuff to dream about!

Hugs,

3 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

I NEED an orchid! Thanks for reminding me, LOL! Can't decide what color yet.

LuAnn said...

The orchid is just gorgeous. I have a Christmas cactus that blooms every few days, and I just love it.

Rosa Robichaud said...

I'm still in awe with you not KILLING your plant!

LOL

I either over water or under water, forget about it completely... decide that it needs a bigger pot and it inevitably dies... or it gets infested with little bugs and I throw it out... no, couldn't be bothered with home-made soap remedies for buggies or pesticides...

*shrug*

But I can tend to my fabric stash pretty darn good! LOL

LOVE the picture, Cyn!!!!

Rosa