Friday, December 30, 2011

ORCA BAY - Clue #7 and hiding fabric!

Well, here it is, my first FG of Clue 7 in the Orca Bay Mystery [please see Bonnie Hunter's site for all the info and to join in].
What I learned: when attaching the 'winged units' to the red-string triangles, be more careful of how the seam allowances line up - especially across the top. This first one is a tad wonky. Also, I think less agressive pressing will be good -- it's just too easy to knock & stretch all these bias edges. Thank Heavens my block is not as goofy as it looks in the pic above. The picture angle is crooked. ;(
Hiding fabric! Yipes!!!  I found 14 more pieces of black hiding in the closet. Who knew? lol. Perhaps I should look in there more often during DAYLIGHT when I can actually see something. One of the 'blacks' that I pulled out to cut more wing-triangles, actually turned out to be a 'purple'. But since it reads as mostly black I'm going to use it anyway. Why not, right?! Discovered a couple of neutrals, too.

I'm wondering how everyone else is coming along with their OB Clues? Should be a lot of eye candy on the Net come this weekend. And Sunday will be the BIG reveal on Bonnie's site. Can't wait to see the whole thing! I wonder if it will look anything like what I have pictured in my head? Probably not! lol

My little kitty Missy was being just too adorable this morning, so naturally I snapped a couple of shots of her... kitties are so cute! Notice all the shreds of cardboard bits around her on the rug -- she loves to tear it up! Naturally I let her. It helps to groom her nails, she loves to do it, and I do own a vaccuum and can always clean it up later. . Poor little thing, see how thin she has become? She has almost no hips at all! She is in a battle with Chronic Renal Failure and some days are better than others.


Thank you for stopping by to visit. I hope you will come again.  Meanwhile, I hope you have lots of time to sew up something that makes you or someone you care about happy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Quilty Hugs,

2 comments:

SubeeSews said...

Your cat and your rug sure match each other. I am so sorry to hear of the renal failure. Bonnie's friend Tonya's cat Who looks like yours)!!! has the same issue. Hope you have a great New Year's Eve! I cannot wait until the reveal tomorrow!
XOXOXO Subeee

Elly D said...

Missy is looking oh so gorgeous showing off her beautiful coat! Even though she is trying to cammoflage herself on your carpet :)) Love your Orca pieces :)) hugs
Ellyx