Monday, August 9, 2010

Eat Less, Move More. . . That's my plan

The truth is I need to lose 50 pounds! Sheesh... but, hey, doc says so.  Hard to argue with reality! lol.

My plan is to: Eat Less and move more. Also to increase Veggies and Fruits, eat more Whole Grains, limit sugar and reduce caffeine. Sounds reasonable. . .ya?!  We'll see. So far over the past 12 days I've lost 4 lbs, but I expect the rate to slow down to 1 or 2 lbs per week, which is a reasonable goal. Golly. . . Pacing, Moderation, Reasonable... haven't been my fave words, but I'm trying! lol. 

Right now I walk around the house for 5 minutes, 3 times each day. I'm doing stretching and a few "chair exercises"... arm movements, etc..  I can walk outside when I am accompanied, as I still have some dizzy problems from the stroke in March and recent surgeries. In preparation for that, I'm looking for a BIG hat to shade my face from the sun while outside.

Please wish me luck and success.  The other part of my plan is to post here and update the 'ticker' in the header of my blog. . . I'm hoping this will keep me "accountable."  If you happen to be on a similar journey, please feel free to post a comment here or email me and we can support each other. 

My real inspiration came from my dear friend, Elaine, who is amazing and dedicated to improving her health and well being! Another friend, Rosa, is also on this road. I got the 'ticker' above by clicking on Rosa's. So, if you want one for your blog, just click on mine. ; -)

Thanks for listening. . . talk to you soon with some quilty stuff!
Hugs,
Cyn; -)
PS: My "weight tracker" has been changed and moved to the side bar.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi There!! :) Congrats on your lost lbs! I am on a "road to a better me", thanks to an appointment I had with my doc a couple of weeks ago. She had me meet with a nutritionist last week and I am to eat fruits, veggies, whole grains and get myself moving! Sounds just like what you are doing. Good luck to you! Sounds like you are off to a great start! :) Shannon

Elly D said...

Congratulations on your 4lb loss & wishing you every success on your journey Cyn :) Love and hugs Elly

Terry said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!!
I too am on that journey...I need to lose 40 pounds. I will be cutting down on sugar and uping the veggies, fruit, whole grains, and getting myself moving about.
It's going to be a difficult journey, but a very very worthwhile
one:) Wising you and all of the rest of us much success on this journey:)

Love & Hugs