Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back To The STARS & small progress on FF Blocks. . .

Today was THE day. . . I finally managed to get some 2 inch hexies printed for my Star project. I am leaning toward making them into a set of four placemats. The pattern is for a table topper, but what I really need are some placemats.  There is still enough time to mull that decision over while the center focal area is being put together.  Here's what I layed out today, just to get an idea of what it might look like BEFORE I begin sewing:


It was nice to create both the two inch hexies and a whole page of one inch diamonds by running the fabric through the printer, which prints the exact shapes with sewing and cutting lines. Easy peasy! Love it. . . thank you Linda Franz and Inklingo!

Did you notice the button on the right hand side bar for the Frosty Flakes BOM? Well, I printed out some 1/2 inch hexies today for the first two blocks.  I need to locate some very small beads which will be attached by the embroidery stitches. These are some pretty designs. We've only just begun making these cute blocks, so please click on the button, get the patterns--FREE--and join in the fun!  This is as far as I got today:

The little red hexies are for FF block #1 and the blue is FF#2. Oh dear, now I must go shopping to find some beads! lol.  Maybe I could use Sea Shells instead of beads. . . what do YOU think?  I live on the beach, so that could be fun and different.  Hmmmmm. . .  A little off topic, but speaking of the beach, our Santa rides a surfboard! How fun is that?!

In keeping with the Process Pledge [button on sidebar] I will continue to post pics showing my progress and, hopefully, eventually some finishes! Yippee.

That's all for now. . . thank you for stopping by.
Hugs,
Cyn; -)

3 comments:

Linda and Monkey said...

Hi Cyn, It is great the way you are showing the process! Thank you for telling your blog readers about Inklingo. Monkey sends a smooch. Linda

Elly D said...

Way to go Cyn!!! Your little Honeycomb Stars are coming a long a treat and your little hexagons look perfect!!
Hugs
Ellyx

Frummie said...

WTG Cyn ;-)
I am still plugging along on the Honeycomb quilt with you. If you need more diamonds say the word. I am making a tabletopper for a VERY small table...LOL
Hugs