Sunday, May 6, 2012

BUTTONS ON & HAT TO MATCH... fun with knitting

Finally got the buttons on. Attached them using the sweater yarn, but split the 4-ply yarn and used 2-plies to sew on buttons. Turned out ok:

What to do with a leftover ball of yarn? Make a Tam O'Shanter, or beret. Just for fun I repeated the lace-like insert I used next to the button band on the sweater and repeated it 7 times on the little hat:

I blocked the Tam on the biggest plate I had in the cupboard:

Here is a closeup of the buttons I found. And a better pic of the small lace-like insert next to the button band:

All in all I am happy with the project. I prefer to work with natural yarns for garments and hats as they block better, but love the acrylics for crocheted afghans.

Thank you for popping in for a visit. Until next time. . . it is back to sewing/quilting for me. What are you up to?

Quilty Hugs,

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Such a cute sweater and hat set! You are so talented!

The Sunflower Patch said...

Both your sweater and cap/hat are so beautiful! The buttons match perfectly too :)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Cyn.... I stand on awe!

Hugs
Elaine

Deborah said...

Wow! You area fabulous knitter!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wow Cyn, this is beautiful!

Elly D said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I could knit as well as you. Lovely work! hugs Ellyx