Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MORE SURGERY. . . Off putter x 3 weeks

Good morning. We all got a big surprise yesterday when we went to my post op appointment -- they will begin the reconstruction phase on my face today! Wow, wasn't expecting that, so I feel at little bit at lose ends. I have good doctors so I'm sure it will be ok, it just caught me off guard... so I'll deal with it. Because of how they will do the repairs to my face, my eyes and forehead will also be involved and that means NO glasses for at least 3 weeks. So that also means no sewing, knitting, stitching, or computer play time... that's gonna be the hard part. Please wish me well and I'll be back with you in 3 weeks, I hope.

Meanwhile to keep this post within the scope of my blog, here is a pic of the latest purse I've made. This one is crocheted and is lined with pockets for cell phone, pen, emery board and small kleenex keeper. It's a present for my DDIL Donna who watched me put finishing touches on it this morning. She likes it!


I just have one more FF block to make -- so far I have 8. These have been a lot of fun and I appreciate having the 1/2 Hex Collection from Inklingo to make the hexie flowers with -- if you haven't looked into it yet, you might give it a look-see. I have no affliation with Linda Franz, I am just very appreciative when a fabulous new quiting/sewing tool comes on the market... Inklingo is right up there with the rotary cutter in my humble opinion. Here's a pic of the 'back side' of one little hexie... I just love the way the seams swirl at the intersections... pressing options are limitless. Love that!


That's it for now. Be well and I'll be back in three weeks.
Hugs,
Cyn; -)

4 comments:

Susan said...

I will look forward to seeing you again in three weeks.

Thoughts and prayers go with you.

Gill - That British Woman said...

wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your surgery.

Gill in Canada

Pat from Florida said...

Hope you recover quickly and are back with us soon.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hope all goes well and you will have a quick recovery.

You have a wonderful positive attitude!

Hugs to you and we I will have you in my thoughts.

Carolyn :)